Thursday, April 7, 2011

The best burger...

Hello fellow foodies, my name is Bonnie. I am a graduate of Scottsdale Culinary Institute in Scottsdale, AZ. All my life I have had a passion for food and cooking. I am always looking for new cuisines and inspiration in my life. I am now on a quest for the best of the best in food that I have experienced. This should be fun! The first category I am testing is the best burger! Living in east Mesa, Arizona my options are somewhat limited... or so you might think... I have traveled above and beyond for new burger concepts, tastes and flavors. My top pick so far:

5 Guys Burgers & Fries

Dana Park on Val Vista in Mesa
The restaurant has crept it's way to the west coast from starting in Arlington Virginia in 1986. The rest is history. Let's just say they know what they're doing. There is something different about this burger. Going to order the burger, you have the option of a "cheeseburger" which is actually a double cheeseburger and a "little cheeseburger" which is one patty. Genius! (to say in the least) Don't forget the bacon! Then you get the option of a whole slew of toppings (for free). My choices? Oh lettuce, mayo, green bell peppers, grilled onions, ketchup and sometimes jalapenos (if I'm feeling spicy). The amazing thing about their burger is the cheese. Yes it is all American and melty and not what some might call "real". But the tantalizing way that it melts so nicely it almost becomes a sauce, if you will. It's fabulous! This is a very top pick of mine for lots of reasons, but that cheese pushes it to the top. The simplistic yet defining burger has won my heart and soul. 

2 comments: